Terms & Conditions
Tuckwell Chase Lottery is promoted by Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited – contact details are at the end of this document. It incorporates players who support both Shooting Star Chase Limited, a children’s hospice service, and the Phyllis Tuckwell Memorial Hospice Limited, an adult hospice service (thereafter known as Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care).
All profits are split between Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care and Shooting Star Chase. Profit is defined as the total proceeds less the direct costs expended running the lottery and prizes.
By entering the lottery, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and agree that:
- You are a resident of the United Kingdom
- You are aged 16 years or over, and will not purchase an entry into this lottery on behalf of any person under the age of 16
- You will provide accurate entry information (name, personal address and telephone number)
On receipt of your subscription payment to join the lottery, Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited will send you a welcome letter advising you of your lottery membership number and your unique lottery number. Your unique lottery number is generated randomly by our secure lottery membership software during the application process.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery reserves the right to decline to accept an application.
In return for your subscription payment your unique lottery number will be entered into the weekly draw carried out every Friday, unless the Friday is a Bank Holiday or there are circumstances that prevent us from doing so. Any changes to the draw day will be posted on our website
The weekly cost of entry is £1 per lottery number paid in advance and therefore only those members who have at least £1 in credit will be entered into the draw that week.
Payments can be made by Direct Debit, Cheque, or Debit/Credit Card through the Lottery Office. Direct Debits may be set up over the phone, via our website or written mandate. Mandates are available on our leaflets, from the office or by downloading them from our website.
We promise that any debit/credit card details supplied to us for payment will be kept secure and strictly confidential. Under no circumstances do we share this information with any third party.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in any communication sent by post, e-mail or fax, nor for any delays in the banking system.
Subscriptions to the lottery are not eligible for Gift Aid.
Prizes and Notification
There will be 103 guaranteed weekly winners and a total of £1,750 weekly cash prizes. A list of prizes can be found on our lottery leaflets and on our website
You will be notified in writing of any prize that you win within one week of the draw. A cheque for your prize amount will be sent with your notification letter. Prizes awarded will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
It is the responsibility of the member to advise us of any change of address so that we can ensure that prizes are sent to the correct address. Tuckwell Chase Lottery will not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided.
Winning numbers can be found on our website and the top three numbers are published weekly in the Farnham Herald. They are also available from the Tuckwell Chase Lottery office.
Prize Cheques are valid for 6 months from date of issue. In the event of winning cheques remaining un-cashed after this period Tuckwell Chase Lottery reserves the right to return unclaimed prizes to Tuckwell Chase Lottery funds for donation to the hospices.
Entry into draws
Should you at any time wish to confirm that you have been or will be entered into a draw then please contact the Lottery Office Tel No 01252 728411 where we will be happy to help you.
The requirements of the Gambling Act 2005 mean that Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited has a statutory duty to verify that you are over 16 years of age.
It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement. If a prize winner is found to be under the age of 16 we will refund their money and withhold the prize.
Data Protection and Privacy
Unless otherwise indicated by yourself we may occasionally send you information to keep you up to date with the work that your contributions are helping to fund.
In line with the consent that you have given, Tuckwell Chase Lottery may share your personal data with its partner hospices. Tuckwell Chase Lottery will not however take any responsibility for the communications that occur leading from that contact sharing. Issues should be addressed directly with the hospice concerned.
You may access the information held about you by contacting Tuckwell Chase Lottery, including a full history of your lottery membership, payment and prizes.
This lottery is a form of gambling; Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited promotes responsible gambling and is a member of both the Hospice Lotteries Association and the Lotteries Council. Both organisations make a financial contribution on behalf of their members to BeGambleAware, an organisation set up with the sole aim of promoting and encouraging responsible gambling.
Support can also be found at the BeGambleAware website.
Any individual who feels that they cannot control their gambling may wish to exclude themselves from playing in the Tuckwell Chase Lottery (as defined in the Gambling Act 2005) and should advise the Lottery Director in writing, or by using the Tuckwell Chase Lottery Self-Exclusion Form which can be printed. Please contact us for a printed copy of the self-exclusion form. Members wishing to use this facility will not be able to re-join the lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you wish to cancel your membership you may do so at any time by notifying Tuckwell Chase Lottery in writing, by telephone or via email. Cancellation of standing order payments must be made via your bank and is the player’s responsibility.
Cancellations received after 15.00 on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the following draw.
Refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances and will be at the discretion of the Lottery Director.
In the event that a member dies, we will refund any unused subscriptions to the deceased member’s estate, following appropriate notification and proof of death, save that if no-one wishes to continue the subscription and a refund is not required the deceased’s unique lottery number will cease to be valid and any unused portion of the subscription will be donated to Tuckwell Chase Lottery.
In the event that it is found that a ticket holder is either a non-UK resident or under 16 years of age, we will cancel the holder’s unique lottery number. We will endeavour to refund the lottery ticket payment and the ticketholder will no longer be able to participate in the lottery.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery reserves the right to decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery at any time and without notice.
All complaints or disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery Office.
Complaints should be addressed to the Lottery Director either by telephone, in writing or via email. If a complaint is not resolved it will be referred first to the Chair-person and thereafter for arbitration to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Limited (IBAS).
Right to Amend
Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions. Amended rules will be published on our website before the changes take effect.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery decisions made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be final and binding.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery
1 Waverley Lane
Tel. 01252 728411
Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited is committed to using our lottery to raise vital funds for Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care and Shooting Star Chase responsibly.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery Limited is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Promoter: Tuckwell Chase Lottery, Alexandra Barn, 1 Waverley Lane, Farnham GU9 8BB
Responsible Person: Susan Wade, Lottery Director
Raffle Terms & Conditions
Tuckwell Chase Lottery Christmas Draw 2018
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for supporting Tuckwell Chase Lottery. These terms and conditions refer to online and postal entry to our raffle.
- The cost of each ticket entry into the Christmas Draw 2018 is £1. There is a limit of 100 tickets that may be purchased. Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date. Any payment received after the draw date will be treated as a donation.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- The Christmas Draw 2018 is open to all residents of Great Britain over the age of 16, with the exception of employees of Tuckwell Chase Lottery who are directly involved with the raffle.
- To purchase raffle tickets online entrants must be residents of Great Britain (only) and 16 years of age or over.
- Monies raised by the Christmas Draw will support the provision of hospice care by Shooting Star Chase | Charity No. 1042495 and Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care | Charity No. 264501.
- Participation in this raffle can be made by returning ticket stubs in the post with appropriate payment (cheque payable to TC Lottery or credit/debit card details) or through this website with payment by credit or debit card, where entrants will posted their tickets. Please Note: Some credit card providers may charge a cash advance fee for raffle ticket payments. Please check with your provider before paying for raffle tickets using this method.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets that are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Entry into the Early Draw is free to those people who return their Christmas Draw tickets by 17th November 2018 and correct monies have been received. Christmas Draw tickets purchased online before 17th November 2018 will also be entered into the Early Draw. A winning ticket will be drawn on that date to receive a £100 Marks and Spencer Gift Card. Any Early Draw entrants received after this date will be entered in the Christmas Draw 2018 only.
- Any ticket entries received after the closing date may miss entry into the draw and therefore will be considered as a donation to Tuckwell Chase Lottery.
- Closing Date for all entries is Monday 17th December 2018.
- Raffle tickets will be drawn randomly on the 20th December 2018 at the Tuckwell Chase Lottery Office. Each Christmas Draw 2018 ticket number is unique.
- Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the 1st prize down to the last one. Read full details of raffle prizes.
- Prizes are allocated as follows:
- First prize: £2,000
- Second prize £500
- Third prize: £100
- Fourth prize: twenty prizes of £20
- The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- All winners will be notified within one week of the draw date by post, email or telephone. Results of all draws can be found on our website or requested from the Lottery Office.
- Please keep the ticket or allocated number as proof of purchase.
- Where The Promoter is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following The Promoter’s first attempt to notify the prize-winner, The Promoter may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in future raffles.
- All winners are required to, where deemed appropriate, to provide proof of age when requested.
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, The Promoter reserves the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where The Promoter deems it appropriate and/or feasible it will notify entrants of the error.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- The Tuckwell Chase Lottery Christmas Draw 2018 is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Tuckwell Chase Lottery Christmas Draw 2018 is final. Tuckwell Chase Lottery operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which is available by post on request or upon you making a complaint to the Lottery Office on 01252 728411. All complaints and disputes will be handled in accordance with this procedure. If your complaint relates to the outcome of your gambling transaction and cannot be dealt with by our complaints procedure to your satisfaction, you have the right, free of charge, to have the matter referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service an independent organisation offering alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services. Referral of the dispute to an ADR entity will not restrict your right to bring proceedings in respect of the dispute in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Tuckwell Chase Lottery is committed to protecting our member’s privacy. We promise to comply with all data protection requirements and protect your personal data. An ‘opt out’ of receiving further tickets from Tuckwell Chase Lottery is available on the reply slip in the pack.
Tuckwell Chase Lottery is licenced by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act. The responsible person is Susan Wade.